SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   2008 Annual Rideout (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   What you taking?????? (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=111819)

Drew Carey 08-06-08 09:21 PM

What you taking??????

All

Just thought it might be useful, peeps who have done it all before post a listy list of what they advise etc. That way, peeps can read it and it will surely remind you all of something you've forgotten. :D

Just an idea. :confused:

Anyone wanna start????? (Cause I'm useless, brain is fried and will forget something major straight away. lol ;))

dirtydog 08-06-08 09:26 PM

Re: What you taking??????

Tent
airbeds- the ones i have got are less than half the size of a roll mat
sleeping bags
a few clothes- as few as possible
toiletries

that's it, you don't need anything else

dizzyblonde 08-06-08 09:29 PM

you dooooo,
earplugs.....if you can't hear those who snore, you get a good nights sleep:p

dirtydog 08-06-08 09:31 PM

but surely you'd already have the ear plugs wouldn't you?

I'm just going through the extra stuff we'll have that we wouldn't normally have with us ;-)

dizzyblonde 08-06-08 09:35 PM

seriously...i forget them every time...even with the exhaust.....
I wouldn't mind but I get them on tap at work, but always forget to get some for a weekend on the bike.

Dizzy by name dizzy by nature

but I never forget the blow up camping pillows:-)

Jester666 08-06-08 10:17 PM

Tent.

That'll do!

And baby wipes.

And torch.

And sleeping bag.

And anti Bear spray.

Adds up quick doesn't it!! :lol:

squirrel_hunter 08-06-08 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirtydog (Post 1533051)
airbeds

Tried this last year... Get an inflatable li-lo the stuff you get for the beach or swimming pool. They cost about 99p from your local beach front shop, or I have heard of them being in Tesco and a like around this time of year. They will weigh nothing and take up no space, but will require a nice set of lungs unless you have a pump. I used mine with a roll mat over the top to even out the lumps, but its up to you. Quite comfortable considering. And best of all when its time to leave just rip a couple of holes in it and pop it in the bin, no messing around.

dirtydog 08-06-08 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squirrel_hunter (Post 1533113)
Tried this last year... Get an inflatable li-lo the stuff you get for the beach or swimming pool. They cost about 99p from your local beach front shop, or I have heard of them being in Tesco and a like around this time of year. They will weigh nothing and take up no space, but will require a nice set of lungs unless you have a pump. I used mine with a roll mat over the top to even out the lumps, but its up to you. Quite comfortable considering. And best of all when its time to leave just rip a couple of holes in it and pop it in the bin, no messing around.

I got a couple from millets that roll up small, not heavy either. They take just minutes to blow up without a pump and are comfy enough

Drew Carey 09-06-08 07:33 AM

Everyone remember their trusty side stand puck (or something similar too).

dirtydog 09-06-08 08:29 AM

A beer can will do for that if you do forget, although that will mean having to drink a can of beer as soon as you get there I know it's a hardship to do that but i'm sure most will manage ;-)