SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Idle Banter (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   MCN Show (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=103764)

Kinvig 31-01-08 06:06 PM

MCN Show

Went down today.

More of a Toy Show than a bike show - I came back with a lego technics and a curly wurly.

neio79 31-01-08 06:43 PM

Re: MCN Show

that is because you went to the wrong show you stopped at the toy show before diddnt you??

I went as well, very quiet , got a better deal on my insurance saving 60 quid a year and more benifits!! also got a Knox baxk protector. TBH its not a s good as the one at the NEC. Looked at exhausts for my 6R 504 quid for a Aky slip on can, yeah right!!!!

Kinvig 31-01-08 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neio79 (Post 1402659)
that is because you went to the wrong show you stopped at the toy show before diddnt you??

I went as well, very quiet , got a better deal on my insurance saving 60 quid a year and more benifits!! also got a Knox baxk protector. TBH its not a s good as the one at the NEC. Looked at exhausts for my 6R 504 quid for a Aky slip on can, yeah right!!!!

D'oh! ;o)

I bought a few things I'll need for my trip:

Sidi Couriers
Frank Thomas textiles
Small torque wretch

Quite enjoyed it - try something on, get some banter from the sales guy then demand a further discount!

Balky001 31-01-08 07:22 PM

Yes, the Toy Fair looked pretty good. The MCN show was erm, well it was OK, at least it was quiet so you could sit on the bikes. I got a ticket for £1 and I thought it was value for money ;-)

Alpinestarhero 31-01-08 07:47 PM

Me and maria are going tomorrow, im going for a back protector and MAYBE some new boots, but then mine still have alot of life left in them. And I want to sit on as many bikes as possible and make brmm brmm noises then comment about how it wouldnt take a topbox and that its not the bike for me at the moment

Matt

andywilson460 31-01-08 08:45 PM

Went today. The Carol Nash Arena was really good fun - especially with the ?1 ticket.

Loved the Ducati Hypermotard, and the BMW F800..... as well as the MV's

Got a bargain Shoei Helmet for GF for ?80.- Only available in Small sizes though - tiny stand at back of hall.

Was empty today, so great for chatting to manufacturers - the Cops on the Bikesafe stand were really good to chat to as well - showed of their new FZR's (and complained about problems with the Pan Euro's they replace) - Signed up for one of their rides with a mate, as they seem very sensible

Great for a quid

Riko360 31-01-08 11:00 PM

so how do we get the £1 tickets? im thinking of bunking the day off tomorrow and going down!

Daimo 01-02-08 10:44 AM

Weekday, probably why its quiet, we're all at work :(

I think its going to be quite busy tomorrow. Pater thinks its "ok" all the big bike stands are there, but nothing special.

Still looking forward to the day out, then back home and out to watch England stuff Wales late afternoon ;)

mattglavin 01-02-08 12:21 PM

I thought the show was too small, much smaller than the NEC. The stunt show was very good though !

andywilson460 01-02-08 08:52 PM

I got the £1 ticket from MCN - but they are all gone now, The telegraph had a promo with Carol Nash where you go free tickets via telegraph.co.uk/promotions follow the link, click book tickets and enter code: LMS999F. This was taken from the paper that was being given out at the show.

I have no idea if this is still available.

Hope that helps someone