SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   South & West Surfers (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   Unstickying (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=106348)

sarah 12-03-08 08:53 PM

Unstickying

Why have a load of the threads been unstickied?

Stu 12-03-08 08:59 PM

Re: Unstickying

past their sell by date?

sarah 12-03-08 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu (Post 1445425)
past their sell by date?

one was for a meet that's tomorrow and another was for a meet that's in a fortnight

fizzwheel 12-03-08 09:02 PM

Grinch is running an unsticky experiment... He's trying to work out if we have to many stickies or not, so he unstickied everything to see how popular it is, i.e. if its popular it'll stay at the top of the section on its own and then we can keep the sticky threads for rideouts etc etc etc etc...

Its just an idea...

the white rabbit 12-03-08 09:08 PM

Boo. Established local meets should stay sticky, newcomers will find it even more difficult.

sarah 12-03-08 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fizzwheel (Post 1445428)
Grinch is running an unsticky experiment... He's trying to work out if we have to many stickies or not, so he unstickied everything to see how popular it is, i.e. if its popular it'll stay at the top of the section on its own and then we can keep the sticky threads for rideouts etc etc etc etc...

Its just an idea...

oh, ok. i fear the meet threads may disappear.

Lissa 12-03-08 09:09 PM

To be honest, we hardly ever look in any Sticky section, and if there are a lot of Stickies I'm sure things just don't get noticed.

the white rabbit 12-03-08 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lissa (Post 1445438)
To be honest, we hardly ever look in any Sticky section, and if there are a lot of Stickies I'm sure things just don't get noticed.

When I used to attend I only ever used to look at the stickies when short of time to distinguish them from the noise.
Not that I give a monkey's in reality.

Grinch 12-03-08 11:41 PM

If the event is popular and has regular updates then it should not need stickying, Like the Taffia thread as. But you will notice the popham thread is still up there as it is a 'occasional' thing.
I think we use the sticky button too freely and it tends to crowd up the top of the page.

Saying that, if it doesn't work then I'll just turn it all back on again.

Just a bit of active moding to try to make things nicer for everyone...

Grinch 12-03-08 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarah (Post 1445437)
oh, ok. i fear the meet threads may disappear.

If they do that I will add them to the stickies... the other idea is to add a list of ride-out events and with links to the relevant threads, then lock and sticky that thread.

Hopefully all this should make things sweeter in the long run.