SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Track Days (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=154)
-   -   Oulton 5th Oct FE £89 (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=171005)

hardhat_harry 20-09-11 05:29 PM

Oulton 5th Oct FE £89

Few of us doing Oulton and there are a few Thundersport lads there too as its a thundersport meeting there at the weekend

Binky 29-09-11 09:07 PM

Re: Oulton 5th Oct FE £89

Good price that. But i think i'm hanging up my track leathers for the time being. (This may be subject to change though, if i'm feeling brave and fall into a pile of money)

Ratty 29-09-11 09:16 PM

Binky

Don't hang up those track leathers just yet. We are booking Oulton on 1 st November. It's £75. Come out to play.

Ratty

PS I didn't mean 'come out' because you like wearing frocks !

Binky 29-09-11 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ratty (Post 2609505)
Binky

Don't hang up those track leathers just yet. We are booking Oulton on 1 st November. It's £75. Come out to play.

Ratty

PS I didn't mean 'come out' because you like wearing frocks !

Frock you. I might do. I'll have to see what the weather pattern is doing nearer the time and what my bank balance is doing.

I would like to go racing next year, so adding what i can when i can to the balance. This will just be £75 that doesn't go into it...

sv4me 29-09-11 10:15 PM

Ooph thats tempting at that price. especially if the weathers like it is now :)

I'd love to but spent a small fortune on snetterton and 2 days at cadwell last week so probably shouldn't. My supercorsas have seen better days too, they were a fresh set last monday :smt104

Ratty 29-09-11 10:30 PM

What days were you at Cadwell ? I was there friday last week.

Ratty

sv4me 29-09-11 10:40 PM

Thursday and Friday :) I thought I spotted an SV in the paddock. Thats the 2nd time i've been right by you and i've not said hello, you pulled into the layby right next to us on the Cat & Fiddle on the Peaks rideout the other week. Doh!

Ratty 30-09-11 09:09 AM

What group did you ride in ? I was in inters on the Gixxer colours SV thou. My mate Martin was in novice on a CBR600RR. A girly coloured blue white and black one with blue wheels.

Arrived Thursday evening and we were camped overnight in the paddock.

Ratty

sv4me 30-09-11 10:11 AM

I'm going out in Advanced these days. Ninja with black track fairings on. Took the plunge at Mallory this summer for the 1st time, so glad I did. I think i've learned a lot from following faster riders and especially seeing their braking points. I still get my ass handed to me by a fair few of the fast boys, but I overtake quite a few too. I'm happy mid pack :mrgreen:

Last weeks days were my 1st on proper sticky rubber and I borrowed a set of tyre warmers off my mate. All I need now is the marquee to hang my leathers up in and i'll be another 2 secs a lap faster still ;)

We were staying in the Best Western in the weird and wacky place that is Horncastle (the inspiration for The Wicker Man methinks)

Binkster if my fiancee hadn't threatened to leave me if I go racing, I'd probably be joining you next year. I'm hooked :)

Binky 30-09-11 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sv4me (Post 2609661)

Binkster if my fiancee hadn't threatened to leave me if I go racing, I'd probably be joining you next year. I'm hooked :)

:smt104 WTF! I'd be wanting a bit more support for something i loved doing if i were you.

Do you have kids at all?