SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Idle Banter (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Strike day tomorrow! (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=173134)

MisterTommyH 29-11-11 06:48 PM

Strike day tomorrow!

So, everywhere I turn I hear about public sector workers striking tomorrow. There seems to be lots of support from other public sector workers, but I haven't heard one word of support from private sector workers.

Any thoughts? Which sector do you work in, and do you support the strikes?

Kenzie 29-11-11 06:51 PM

Re: Strike day tomorrow!

Private sector and thank god I don't have kids! I haven't been reading too much into it so not sure if they are upset about pay or pensions this time but surely strikes shouldnt be allowed in hospitals?

Specialone 29-11-11 06:58 PM

You forgot self employed that thinks striking is nothing but detrimental to the country.

MisterTommyH 29-11-11 06:59 PM

I'd class self employed as private sector i.e. no employed by the government - but happy to have the option added if anyone knows how to do it.

Davies 29-11-11 07:31 PM

Damn right I support the strikes and will be striking myself tomorrow. I don't know what the government was expecting to be honest.....freeze people's pay for two years then double their pension contributions (which were revised and agreed on two years ago) and expect them to work longer? Feckers.

And to announce today that pay increases will be capped at 1% for the next 2 years really takes the pi$$ as it means that any public sector worker will effectively be around 25% less well off in 2 years time.

Time to move private :smt039

yorkie_chris 29-11-11 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tommy H (Post 2632119)
I'd class self employed as public sector i.e. no employed by the government - but happy to have the option added if anyone knows how to do it.

You mean private surely?

Reason I am against the strike is it causes so much inconvenience to ordinary people. Like teachers going on strike, it's not the kids parents fault (beyond who they may or may not have voted for I suppose) but those actions will be effectively punishing them by the loss of a days pay, not very fair.

MisterTommyH 29-11-11 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yorkie_chris (Post 2632141)
You mean private surely?

Yup

Bluefish 29-11-11 07:46 PM

voted wrong, meant to be private sector sgainst, not public :rolleyes:

Specialone 29-11-11 07:50 PM

Oh fecking woe is me !!!
No pay rise for 2 years, only getting 1%.

Don't like the pension conditions? Don't have one then, it's that simple.

Regular wage, don't have to work too hard, no tax man breathing down your neck, no increased business or material costs, no tight ar5e customers trying to screw you for every penny, forgive me if I don't give much sympathy.

My wife works in the Nhs, is she striking and bitching about things, no, shes grateful she's got a decent job.

Cheeky cnuts at unison said if you're not striking could you donate the days wage to the cause? Feck right off, them cnuts are still getting paid so they can donate.

And breath...

Stenno 29-11-11 07:55 PM

I'm private sector and back the strikes fully. If I had kids in education I'd also be keeping them at home for the day rather than let them be taught by the scabs not striking.
Thankfully, people are standing up to the government rather than rolling over and taking it on the chin. Public sector workers are being asked to pay more and work longer for less money. The government pushes us all to take out private pensions and is now screwing people over for doing so. It's a joke.