SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Track Days (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=154)
-   -   1st track day (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=178185)

BBadger 05-05-12 07:06 PM

1st track day

Hello everyone.

Im going to be doing my 1st track day this summer now i have the zx6r, its a 21st present and not ment to know...but have to decide where i want to go.
Yes the gf's logic is that brilliant.

anyways ive got the full licence and all the gear been riding for almost 5 years, i would say im not slow on the road but being my 1st track day im going to go for the novice group.
Dont mind it being technical but want to have fun rather than trying to learn a complicated track/corners.

So:
What do you recommend?
Where have people had fun/ found to be the nicest?

Thanks
Brock.

Elliott 05-05-12 07:36 PM

Anglesey. Job done! :D

L3nny 05-05-12 07:39 PM

Re: 1st track day

Doesn't really matter where you go you'll have fun no matter where it is. If you are riding to the track on the bike though it's probably best to pick somewhere closer to home.

My first track day was at Rockingham in the infield track, was really easy cause I didn't have to change gear, just left in in second the whole way round.

maviczap 05-05-12 07:39 PM

New Snetterton circuit is great, did 2 last year, first was a bit nervy, 2nd was a blast

Bit far for you, so just have a go at your nearest one.

Physically its harder than road riding, so prepare for aching arms

Mr Speirs 05-05-12 07:53 PM

Snetterton or Silverstone.

Closer to you, flat, wide and forgiving.

The Idle Biker 05-05-12 07:55 PM

The Bike Experience are at Snetterton on June 19th and 20th with Odiham Motorcycle Club's closed circuit days. £140 for two days. You got to muckin and help but you get at least 12 sessions over two days on the track.

For me Anglesey is a brilliant track, but Snet' is great too.

Nick_69 05-05-12 09:25 PM

brands indy, great circuit and not to many corners to learn so you can do each corner so many times and little by little get faster

Red Herring 06-05-12 10:43 AM

Given where you are I'd go for Mallory, easy track to learn, bit of everything to test you, and fast enough to make you work for it....

I'd avoid big wide tracks like Silverstone, not easy to get a perspective, or long ones like Snetterton 300 where you will spend half the day wondering where it goes next...and I'd avoid Rockingham for the very reason L3nny recommended it, you want a track with variation where you are up and down the box, not stuck going from one 2nd/3rd gear bend to the other. Brands Indy is good, but expensive.

Lydden Hill is another good starter track for the same reasons, but a bit of a hike for you. Whatever you decide have fun....

BBadger 06-05-12 11:08 AM

looks like mallory is the best idea so far.

Once ive got an idea of a date whos game to come embarrass me?

Nick_69 06-05-12 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBadger (Post 2706382)
looks like mallory is the best idea so far.

Once ive got an idea of a date whos game to come embarrass me?

I will be game do always enjoy Malloy