SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Helmets (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   Caberg Ego (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=208676)

JulesW 24-03-14 11:25 PM

Caberg Ego

Thinking of buying a sub £200 spare helmet and have been drawn to the Caberg Ego, I really like the internal sun visor and the ventilation system looks good too.

Any of you guys used one of these?

Any other suggestions in the £100-£200 range? My Bell M5X Daytona, though a very plush nice lid, has a crappy visor retention system requiring tools and is not so good when the sun is very low. I like the idea of an internal sun visor though I've never had a lid with one, do you guys rate them?

Thoughts please :)

Entropy 25-03-14 01:13 AM

Re: Caberg Ego

I had an Agv Stealth S4 with an internal sun visor and I absolutely loved it. Was great not having to mess around with replacing the main visor depending on whether it was going to be a sunny day or not. Take a look at the Agv range. You may find something that you like.

Sent using a device that allows me to coalesce my thoughts with radio frequency waves and transmit them over long distances.

Littlepeahead 25-03-14 07:39 AM

I had a Caberg Jutissimo and loved the sun visor. I wear glasses so now with my Shoei I have to faff about with prescription sunglasses though I've found a pair of Ray Bans that fit inside really well, but if I go into a tunnel on the M25 I'm blind! The downside with any helmet with an internal sun visor seems to be the weight of them.

JulesW 25-03-14 08:02 AM

Thanks for responses fellas :)

Littlepeahead 25-03-14 05:52 PM

I'm a laydee you know! ;)

JulesW 25-03-14 06:25 PM

So sorry Littlepeahead, I'll know for next time.

DJ123 25-03-14 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulesW (Post 2943858)
Thinking of buying a sub £200 spare helmet and have been drawn to the Caberg Ego, I really like the internal sun visor and the ventilation system looks good too.

Any of you guys used one of these?

Any other suggestions in the £100-£200 range? My Bell M5X Daytona, though a very plush nice lid, has a crappy visor retention system requiring tools and is not so good when the sun is very low. I like the idea of an internal sun visor though I've never had a lid with one, do you guys rate them?

Thoughts please :)

I have one in the champagne colour. Internal sunvisor is great as is the pinlock. The ventilation is very cooling during the summer. Comfortable as an all day helmet & good build quality. Not noiser than any other helmet I've tried. Good all round helmet and well worth it.

JulesW 25-03-14 08:08 PM

Daddy, many thanks for the feedback :)

NTECUK 25-03-14 10:52 PM

Used a HJC IS 16 nice quick and easily operated internal visor system.
The IS 17 I tried just don't fit the same, so bought a Shark S900. It visor rested on my nose so had to dremil it. The sun visor operation not as easy to use but Ok.
But I spotted a fluro KBC VR in J&S for £75 fits like my Aria and quite plush. £16 for a gold iridium spare visor and easy peasy to swop. The tunnels on the M25 just flipped it up.

MorganH91 07-04-14 06:24 AM

+1 for the Caberg Ego. Had mine for about 18 months, now use a Nexx XR1R but kept the Ego for use with my bluetooth headset.

Not too heavy; sun visor is good (mechanism is smoother than some others I've seen), same with the external visor; ventilation system is very good and never let water in; noise levels better than my Nexx. Overall quality was good I thought for the price paid. Think the plain ones are still £115 from most places.