SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=111)
-   -   Locked keys under rear seat..... Whoops! (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=59494)

Ash999 24-04-05 09:25 PM

Locked keys under rear seat..... Whoops!

Well, yesterday started off leaving the hot grips on at a mates house. Knocked down a chimney, knackered and tired. Get on my bike - Dead!!

Go to jump start it off a mondeo and for some reason it wouldnt jump, so took the leads off and put the keys in the rear seat compartment. In a rush go to put the bike together without thinking and wonder where my keys are. Today after scouriing the gravel drive, bike and house, noticed the bike had a rattle, luckily the seat wasnt on pproperly (not clipped at the back, locked at the front) bent the seat and shined a light in and found the keys, with a careful hand, screwdriver I pulled it out through the little whole between the main and pillion seat.

SO, HAS ANYONE LOCKED THEIR KEYS UNDER THE REAR SEAT BEFORE, Or am i the first stupid plonker to do this????

Iansv 24-04-05 09:27 PM

could well be the first.....

Stig 24-04-05 09:37 PM

Nope I have also done it. Only the once though

fizzwheel 24-04-05 09:53 PM

No but I have a fear of doing it, hence I leave the key in the lock until I have put the pillion seat back on

adam 24-04-05 10:16 PM

Now I haven't done that however I did last week, in a hurry shut the door on my way out without my bike or house keys.

Only realised once I was stood at the bike. Dammit so I went to wait for the bus to work with the somalis and indians (west london) dressed in my full bike gear and my lid lol .

Nothing "racist" it just made the whole thing more amusing :) (with hindsight anyway!!!!)

Carsick 24-04-05 11:18 PM

I know a few people who've done it. I always leave the key in the lock as well, cos I know I would forget if I put them in the compartment.

hall13uk 24-04-05 11:24 PM

:laughat:

you lot crack me up.

"puts keys under seat"

#-o dohhh

tigersaw 25-04-05 12:20 AM

Not quite the same, but some years ago I checked the oil in the car at the petrol station, put the keys on the top of the pancake air filter, shut bonnet....
Had to get collected, return home and get spare set, car was blocking the isle at the petrol station for hours.
It was only *WEEKS* later I lifted the bonnet, and the keys I had long ago lost (and asked at the petrol station couple of times to see if they had turned up) were still there.

DeeJay 25-04-05 06:40 AM

Haven't done that... YET!!!

But i have placed my rear seat back on after having all the plastics off, forgetting to place teh lock cable back on, turn the key and nothing happened... :oops:

Sorted eventually though... :wink:

Captain Nemo 25-04-05 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adam
Now I haven't done that however I did last week, in a hurry shut the door on my way out without my bike or house keys.

Only realised once I was stood at the bike. Dammit so I went to wait for the bus to work with the somalis and indians (west london) dressed in my full bike gear and my lid lol .

Nothing "racist" it just made the whole thing more amusing :) (with hindsight anyway!!!!)

sorry, thats just given me an image of half the "village people" waiting at a bus stop....
perhaps in a rush to do gig after the band van broke down,

no?

just me then......