SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Idle Banter (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   That missing something... (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=81165)

Alpinestarhero 01-12-06 10:58 AM

That missing something...

Ever got that feeling you walked out the house, thiking you left something behind, but couldnt figure out what, and the feeling stayed with you all morning, before you realise what?

Just happened to me

I forgot my lunch today :(

Matt

DanDare 01-12-06 11:03 AM

Yep, my pants! :shock: :cry:

Alpinestarhero 01-12-06 11:09 AM

Uh-oh :shock:

Matt

Mr Toad 01-12-06 11:23 AM

Chased a guy on an R6 down the A3 last month - I wondered what happened when he got to work as he lost his sandwiches off the back when he went over a cats eye . . . and I was following quite closely and ran them over :twisted:

. . . or perhaps it was a spare pair of pants in a plastic bag :shock:

Marshall 01-12-06 11:29 AM

Re: That missing something...

Quote:

Originally Posted by alpinestarhero
Ever got that feeling you walked out the house, thiking you left something behind, but couldnt figure out what, and the feeling stayed with you all morning, before you realise what?

Just happened to me

I forgot my lunch today :(

Matt

yup did that the other day, i forgot to take some trousers to work, so i had to work in my waterproofs all day, not nice

Supervox 01-12-06 12:13 PM

About 3 years ago I did my usual routine morning thing - got out of bed, washed, dressed, cup of coffee - got the bike out of garage, started it to let it warm up - put on gloves - rode off down the road for about 50 yrds before I realised . . .

. . . I'd forgotten my LID !! :oops: :shock:

Jdubya 01-12-06 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supervox
About 3 years ago I did my usual routine morning thing - got out of bed, washed, dressed, cup of coffee - got the bike out of garage, started it to let it warm up - put on gloves - rode off down the road for about 50 yrds before I realised . . .

Yep, I did that the other day...but what alerted me to the fact that I had no lid on was the fact that I'd forgotten to put my gloves on and my hands were getting cold :lol: :lol:

anna 01-12-06 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supervox

.. a common occurance in anna world.. that and remembering that disk lock is still on and I have left my mobile phone in the house!... when all three occur in one day I know I should have stayed in bed! :roll: :oops:

gettin2dizzy 01-12-06 03:41 PM

yup. i used to live on the 4th floor, getting the bike out the garage (well...toilet) and getting it warmed up...then having to run back upstairs for my lid used to really wind me up!

Law 01-12-06 06:08 PM

Yep, I keep my ignition key separate from other keyring stuff.

Rode off from the house to fill the bike with petrol. As the bike self armed at the pump, I started wondering where my immobiliser fob went. Yep, I left my house keys with fob hanging from the front door lock. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Luckily this was in a sleepy Fenland town and there were still there after my half mile run in bike gear.