View Single Post
Old 29-08-06, 10:19 AM   #9
creamerybutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supervox
I'm fairly certain that all this may be immaterial - due to the fact that the SNELL test regime / certification is not recognized over here.

You might want to check out whether or not it's still an offence to wear anything other than a EC / BS certified lid before you spend your money on something you can't legally use.

As I say, I'm FAIRLY certain - not positive. I know this used to be the case because the good old Simpson Bandit was SNELL certified but did not pass British Standards (due to the size of the visor I think) & was therefore illegal.
Aye this was pointed out to me by my sister at the weekend but I still think I will look into it especially as I have seen a few Simpson Bandits around latley. Thing is both my sisters and girfiends lids have labels with Kitemarks on them but mine only has the British motorcycle sport gold sticker does that mena my lid it technically illegal or is just a gold sticker ok? It's annoying as the EU tests are sh*te and as far as i am concerned the US lids will be perfectly safe.