View Single Post
Old 13-11-06, 09:59 AM   #1
Viper

Default Ride Out for Charity.. anyone interested

Morning All.

I have had a really crap week or so. My old man (age 55) had a mild heart attack at the beginning of the week. Whilst in Southampton general hospital last Sunday he suffered yet another attack. Unfortunately this attack was a nasty *******. It ripped the outer lining of the heart and shattered one of the valves and did untold damage. He was rushed into theatre and was operated on for 9 hours. The surgeons did a triple bypass, mended his valve and sorted out all the damage form the attack. He is still in intensive care in Southampton and has 2 full time nurses caring for him. They are doing a fantastic job and he is slowly improving.
In addition to all this care that the staff are giving him the hospital has provided a room in a share house 300yards from the hospital for my mother to stay in (they live 2 hours away from the hospital). They have provided all this FREE of charge. She can stay there as long as she needs.

I would like to show my thanks to the staff and all on the coronary intensive care unit by trying to raise as much money as possible so other people in my family's situation can have these services available to them.

Please use the poll to indicate if you might like to be involved. I am unsure of the format how how to go about raising some money so if anyone has any suggestions i would be greatful

Cheers Guys and Gals

Viper / Rick