View Single Post
Old 25-05-07, 01:42 PM   #6
DoubleD

Default Re: Pay & Display parking ticket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baph View Post
I'm a little more crafty than that. Yesterday I parked on a side street & chained my bike up to the tow loop of a collegues car (and warned them not to drive off without me unlocking the bike first!!). Today, I've parked in the car park, paid £5 for parking, and brought the ticket into the office with me. I'm hoping I get a penalty charge

If I get a penalty charge for today, I'll send a letter over the weekend saying that I paid for parking BOTH days, and for some reason the ticket has gone missing. I've no idea if it's been stolen or just blown off in the wind on the first day, but here's the 2nd "offences" legal ticket, I kept it with me because the first one went missing. Oh yea, BTW Mr Parking Services officer, there was a red bandit parked next to me on the first day (thereby validating my mates claim to parking & paying for a ticket, but it going MIA)

Sorry for the long post, just thought I'd explain to DoubleD mainly. If the council come back & say that they'll forget my second penalty, but we both have to pay the first one, then as far as I'm concerned, fair cop. I wasn't aware of the policy, but I didn't really make the effort to find out for definite either.
I was waiting for some kind of comment back

Glad you didn't disapoint Baph you do crack me up.

Fingers crossed for the 2nd park ticket then off the nice warden.