View Single Post
Old 03-07-07, 12:00 PM   #8
Tempest

Default Re: Some newbie info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baph View Post
Welcome.

Where do you draw the line between novice & experienced rider? Personally, I consider myself a novice, and as such, try to learn something from every single ride.

I passed my test around a year ago, and ride an SV. In the time I've had my licence, I've done almost 23000 miles. I know some on the forum consider me to be a "fast / experienced rider," but that's not how I look at my riding.

I've ridden in everything from heat so hot that I considered t-shirt antics (didn't do it though), through to heavy hale & fairly deep snow through the tops of Snowdonia. Not fussed at all about the weather, so long as I have my waterproof gear on.
Seems like a pretty good year you have had. I’ve ridden through death valley. Was so hot that I opened my jacket and got a blast of hot air that just made it even hotter. Not nice but it’s one of those life experiences that you can quote on forums and down the pub. I assume this is safe group and always advocates wearing the proper protective gear…….I thought so but I must say that the once ( and of course it was only the once) I rode in the states with no crash helmet and only jeans and T Shirt. It was truly amazing and really magnified the biking experience. I would hate to think of the mess if I’d come off but hey I’ve done it so now it’s full body armour all the time.