View Single Post
Old 18-07-07, 11:09 AM   #5
scottaadams

Default Re: Naked curvy with engine problem -- anyone fancy a project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
I did suspect that was one possibility, but without the right tools to remove the cam cover and/or head I couldn't be sure. It was losing power (which was the main reason I stopped) and I noticed a loud tapping sound like you get on old Fords where the tappets are out of adjustment. So I guess if I'm lucky it'll just need a tensioner and be good to go... although I've done enough maintenance on car engines to know that nothing is ever quite as simple as you hope when starting work on a job

I've got a few people interested at the moment so I'll give them the opportunity to decide first if they're interested, because in the end I'm going to be selling it anyway as I have a new bike. So if it sells now I may lose money but it saves me a lot of time and hassle with transporting etc. But if it doesn't go shortly I'll get it fixed and sell it working.

Cheers.

No probs, you should never touch the lifters on old fords they sometimes decide to **** off hahaha, the svs head can be taken off in about 15 mins, just drop the top engine mounts and lower the engine down, if you do it with the head off it makes it a whole lot easier, you would be losing power if the cam chain was slipping and grinding, but that could lead to the valves dropping.