View Single Post
Old 09-08-07, 11:01 AM   #1
Ruffy

Default Ey up - new arrival!

Thought I'd better say hi, before too long passed after registering here.

My bike's a VFR800 but, following characterful 'V' engine traits, the wife's just acquired a SV650S K5, after numerous years as a 2-stroke hooligan on a TZR250. It's been a bit of a shock to her - she's having to adapt to something weird called engine braking - but the SV seems a crackin' replacement: more sensible and tractable but plenty of fun left when required. Sadly the TZR just couldn't mix it with her bad back and one of the kids on the back.

Maintenance/general fettling falls to me though (can't wait for the next service, just so she'll have to let me out for the test run!), so I was glad to find this site as there's some great stuff on here already, with more to come no doubt.

Obviously the SV can't stay standard for long, but I'll be browsing for old advice rather than posting the same old questions straight away. However, my computer time is limited so please be tolerant if I repeat an enquiry - just gently shuffle me in the right direction like the doddery old fool I'm becoming!!! Hopefully I'll even have some answers to share before too long

Just so you know, we're currently living near Warwick/Stratford-on-Avon but we hail from up north, so will also be keeping an interested eye on the Pennine Massive, as we want to come back eventually!

Ta taa fer now!

Andy
Ruffy is offline   Reply With Quote