View Single Post
Old 28-08-07, 10:21 PM   #2
fat_brstd

Default Re: Anyone up for a ride this Saturday?(01/09)

well im in if its on saturday (got to be back for me mums bday dinner in the evening but im free all day) and ive even managed to bang together a route, no idear how long its gonna take but if you ride balls out the whole way probably just over an hour or if we take our time then anything upto 3 with stops if you guys fancy a sober coke or even a bite to eat halfway round.

As for how to organise keeping everyone together, my plan would be to lead as i have some idea where we would be going, then have whoever is willing to volunteer as the slowest behind me followed by everyone else and then probably big ape at the back (assuming he can come) as he probably has the most group riding experiance out of all of us, Also we should opperate a mirrors pollicy which is if you cant see them in your mirrors, wait. Also no more than 30 mph above the speed limit (cause instant ban sucks), NO UNDERTAKING (cause it is very very stupid, just wait till you can do it propperly) and if we come accross any learner drivers give them lots of room as that is one of my pet hates, they are already scared enough as it is without someone with 110db exhaust cutting them up its about being a nice person.

I have made provisions for a fuel stop right at the beggining and i bet you all get better fuel economy than me so we will not be running out of fuel halfway round.

anyway onto the route

(And i know i started it as close to my house as possible but its easy to get to from both oxford (M40) and marlow (marlow hill). Or alternitively we could meet at that pub (the fluer de lis) we all went to for that social night in the rain as thats only about 10 mins from the start of the fun part of the route and we all know where it is and its on a pretty nice road.

Last edited by fat_brstd; 28-08-07 at 11:12 PM.