View Single Post
Old 07-10-07, 02:56 AM   #3
STRAMASHER
Mega Poster

Default Re: JUne Tour Ports to Caen etc accommodations?

Lucky you.

Most accomodation in Spain is inexpensive compared to UK. Quality 3star accom is the price of some decreped UK B&B. We booked a 1star hotel last year in Valencia €50 a room bang in the middle of the town. Spotless.

Being a paranoid android, I nearly always get a hotel with secure parking. IBIS has this plus a standard of room that you do not need to worry about,(dble bed/en suite/parking/air-con/free swedger). I can honestly say the standard of hotel in Spain is the highest for the money I have experienced in Western Europe. NEVER had a bad one.

For us , €60-€80 for 2/3/4star accom France or Spain in the big towns/cities. I got the missus so she wants a certain standard of room. Hosteles and Pensions are much cheaper still but great value and standard. I would rather feckin tent-it in the UK!

If you are going to the GP in Barcelona I would book ahead for peace of mind. Tons of choice. Montmelo is where the "madness" happens on the fri/sat before the race. Leave your end-cans in your rooms

Please, please do Banyuls-sur-mer(i think) - Tossa del mar . Part of the N260( the best road in the world,probably. Any of it). Blow yer feckin mind!

Lucky you!

STRAMASHER is offline   Reply With Quote