View Single Post
Old 09-10-07, 09:14 PM   #9
JuicyGuzzi

Default Re: Gen 1 w/zx6 shock, 05 GSXR forks, notes & question

OK, I called the SVRS shop (now called Omaha Ducati) and spoke frankly with the mechanic who worked on my legs. His name is Kelly. He did acknowledge that there was a problem with a GSXR shock revalve in the past and that there was trouble. We went over everything that he did to my forks. I asked why the gold valve kit had a different number than the one reccommended by Race Tech. He said that this kit (FMGV S2046) is a special kit that many folks don't know about and it includes the 10mm extenders. This kit is the one to use for 04/05 600/750 GSXR legs on an SV. You will see it listed on the Race Tech site as the kit for the 00 to 03 GSX-R 750. He also took the liberty of adding the digressive shim kit (helps for road race applications), and says he did put in the extenders. He explained to me about the pre bottom-out pump mechanism that exist on these forks and the change that has been made for more length. He says he used the correct Loctite and proper torque settings, and was careful to place the cup washer on properly (as that is an easy way to mess up). I am satisfied that he was honest with me and he seems competant. I think I can go ahead with these legs as they are now. Will know more later...

However, Northwind, just for grins, would like to know the length of those legs you got coming, if you wouldn't mind.

Thanx,
Denis

Last edited by JuicyGuzzi; 09-10-07 at 09:45 PM.