View Single Post
Old 19-10-07, 11:30 PM   #1
monkey

Default Track riding question on technique

Hello peeps. I've done a few trackdays now and am not very quick at all. I'm not interested in being the fastest but I do want to be more sturdy and be able to move about a bit more.

My question is specifically about setting up the bike before going into a corner. On the SV I used to brake while changing down the gears with the clutch in and blip the throttle as I came off the brake to stop the wheel locking (not trusting slipper clutch) so the bike was neutral before turning in. Or I'd brake and then change down when I'd finished braking. It's a ll a bit frantic and I've gone over the grass a few times now and don't think I'm doing it right. I'm sure braking and changing down after is the wrong way to go about things but what about trying to blip the throttle while coming off the brakes? I have a Daytona now without a slipper clutch so there's more scope for the back wheel to lock if I don't blip the throttle correctly.

Also do I want my body weight forward through the turn?

Finally what's the score with braking whilst leaning (a bit and going into a corner) as I wanted to do whilst going down the slight hill at Brands Hatch to Graham Hill bend?

Only people who know what they're talking about need answer please!