Thread: Depressed
View Single Post
Old 14-11-07, 04:35 PM   #26
KnightRider
Mega Poster

Default Re: Depressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by philbut View Post
Thats really cr*p news Jon, sorry to hear it. What a pr*ck, to just drive off. they must have a CCTV shot of him IN the pub or something, the bast*rd!

As you have now filed a police report, I think you are OK to contact the insurance - you have to within a certain number of days or you can't claim. BUT, the insurance premium hike will no doubt nearly cost as much as fixing the bike, especially if you are looking at getting a IL4 600, so I'd think carefully about whether you just go via the ebay / breakers route first. that first years no claims discount will be very handy when it comes round to insuring a new bike. I'd just fix the SV with second hand bits or live with the scratch and commute on it. With the amount of miles you do, a few scratches won't affect the resale value too much in 6 months. might have to bite the bullet and buy a new lever, jus be glad you had the R&G's fitted!

Could be worse mate, I'm not having the best of times at the mo either - sometimes life just tests us.
My point re the insurance company is that if the police catch the guy, however unlikely that may be, I would want to claim. If they dont, you are right in saying that there will be no point in claiming.

CBR600RR7

Link to map of TV members...if your not on the map then PM me. My facebook profile
KnightRider is offline   Reply With Quote