View Single Post
Old 16-11-07, 08:16 PM   #7
Pedrosa

Default Re: Track day conflict.

Blue you really should read more of the thread, there is a lot more relevant info that gets mentioned. Particularly the fact that the Ducati had overtaken the 250 on the same lap but had then slowed down so as not to pressurise a bike in front of him.

I'm not sure he looks down his nose at the 250 as after all anyone that questions the cornering speed of a 250 race bike compared with anything bigger is a fool. The main reason Moto GP bikes are faster today is their straight line advantage and not their cornering advantage over the 250's.

I think the Ducati guy is an experienced and non BS kind of guy tbh. Did you alos note the 250 rider looked back immediately after the corner in question? And that he was explaining quite strongly to marshalls what he believed had happened?

My point to start thsi thread originally was more to allow people to consider their own actions and maybe speed when attending track days. Many go at the sessions like wanna be racers when track days are NOT for that at all.