View Single Post
Old 17-11-07, 09:29 AM   #19
Blue_SV650S

Default Re: Track day conflict.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_1871 View Post
By doing a trackday then you ARE accepting the risks. It is a risk that somebody will get it wrong and take you out. If you don't accept the risks then you don't do it.

So in fact, your opinion is bllcks
I'm with nick_1871 on this one. I assume they were running in the fast group if all the macho talk about being racers and experience is true and they are as fast as they say they are - they should know the score by now if that was the case!

Even if someone tips you off through stupidity, you can't expect them to foot the bill!!

I think the only (certainly the main)issue here is that it happened on a cooldown lap, not that someone took someone else out!! .. that happens ... be it thought someone getting over keen, mechanical failure, or someone doing something unpredictable.

I guess this is even more poignant for me as I get my buzz from overtaking (generally faster bikes, so I ALWAYS tend to overtake the hard/more risky way), I try to judge it as best I can, but it might go wrong one day.

I tell you what, if/when that day comes, it won't be on a cooldown lap I will feel bad about it if it was truly my mistake, but I'd not expect anyone to expect recompense over it ...

The reason we need these stupidly long briefings these days is because people have an off and start blaming others ... no-win-no-fee style ... if people accepted the risk is their own, the trackday would be a better place ...

If you don't accept the risks to body and bike, stay at home and do some knitting!!

Anyway, that was in response to the more general part of 'if I get taken out then it is unacceptable' ... like I have said a few times now, this incident is inexcusable as it was the cooldown lap and Mr 250 needs to apologise ... the matter dropped and everyone get on their way ...

Last edited by Blue_SV650S; 17-11-07 at 09:32 AM.