View Single Post
Old 03-12-07, 10:13 PM   #1
Sarj

Default Running rough, running out of ideas.

Hi all,

Sorry it's so long but I'm having problem with the sv running rough, to be more prescise it has very little power across the rev range, idle is fine.

The problem first started with a lack of power which was caused by a loose breather hose, fixed.

About three weeks later the problem came back but intermittently, it'd backfire a few times then be ok or problematic. I changed the spark plugs and ht leads and that seemed to sort the issue, for a week.

Then came the backfires again and poor power but this time it stayed.

So I then replaced the carbs (as the new plugs were very black within a week), choke cable, checked the fuel pump, fuel tap/filter they were all fine, I also drained the fuel and found nothing untoward in the tank.

This made a slight improvement in power delivery but no way near what it should be..

On the way back tonight she coughed, spluttered and died. I can now start her but as soon as I open up the throttle the smallest amount the bike cuts out....

I've also checked all the ignition resistance readings and they check out ok, the only thing I've yet to do is swap the ecu out.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

Cheers,
Sarj