View Single Post
Old 03-01-08, 07:41 PM   #8
therealvw

Default Re: Moto GP is it becoming a bit like F1

Not watched many of the races I am afraid, Time zone differences, me being down under. Watched some though. Stoner, well, what is he supposed to do, Ride slower!? It does make it a bit of a REPEAT though when he keeps winning, but to be honest surely there are other good battles further down the field that the TV producer can focus on when Stoner is a little spec in the distance?
F1 wise. Well I think this years season was probably one of the most closest fought for a while? Especially with all the 'hand bags at three paces' between some of the drivers.
Technology. I agree that it can take away some of the skill of trying to put 200 plus BHP onto the ground through a patch of rubber about 5 inch diametre. But then again.... is that what we want to see. Lots of people highsiding? Every time I see someone do that it makes me cringe! Slipper clutches. Such a common thing now, either in WSBK or SBK and also on some Road Bikes. I do miss the snaking back end though of riders around the era of Hislop and early Bayliss. That was exciting to see!