View Single Post
Old 14-03-08, 02:16 PM   #8
neio79

Default Re: Up date on my accident

Quote:
Originally Posted by graemepaterson View Post
I sometimes agree with seeking compo, and sometimes I dont it dpends on the circumstances of the incident......

An 'accident' is just that, if it was unavoidable then there is no blame, and no one to claim compo from.

If someone has been driving like an idiot with complete disregard for others on the road and shatters your leg, ruining 6 months of your life......then abit of money for the pain, boredom and loss of 6 months of your life is fair enough to be honest.

Edit: Glad your back on track Paws.

The only time i would agree wit hcompo being claimed is if it severly changed your life, as in disabled you, prevented you from going back to the same job etc.

Yes if you are put in a wheelchair by some clown then it would be fair in that case as its money to compensate you for the extra costs and hardships you will experience to carry on your life as it was before. or had such a severe break you could not do your job again, such as driver, police, or in my case if it led to me being medically discharged, then again its would be a case as its life altering.

But in the case of a simple break or a case of "whiplash" you should just be told to f*ck off.