View Single Post
Old 06-04-08, 07:17 AM   #77
Stig

Default Re: ASM down, RIP

I've been up for just about most of the night, my thoughts constantly with Mark.

For those that didn't know him;

Like most he almost had a dual personality, those that knew him and those that didn't. On this forum he gave out a bolshy, self confident demeanor and a lot of the time came across as a higher than mighty, self opinionated git. Reality was, he was a very shy person. He kept himself very much to himself and hardly ever talked about his family or personnel circumstances. He wouldn't say a bad word to anyone for fear of offending. It was only when you got to know him, you could see past that barrier and the true charisma and whit of a this kind man come through. He constantly hid behind his quick sarcasm using his obvious intelligence and quick whit as a shield.

The last time I met him was on Tuesday whilst getting tyres fitted to our bikes and whilst we waited, we chatted. For the first time we chatted about him. He had plans. If most asked, they would have been given the impression he was fumbling his way through life without a clue where he was going or what he was going to do. But he had direction and focus. He was determined to follow in his brothers footsteps and join the military as an officer. I am sure he would have been very successful. He had already shown plenty of leadership qualities in organising rideouts and such.

Mark was someone that the more you learnt about him, the more you liked him. He just wasn't the easiest of persons to really get to know. I was fortunate enough to have a little insight into the real person. A superb and charismatic person. Cared very much about people and loved life. He will indeed be sorely missed. I miss him already.

Goodbye Mark. Rest in peace.

Last edited by Stig; 06-04-08 at 10:54 AM.