View Single Post
Old 16-04-08, 10:25 AM   #25
flymo
Mega Poster

Default Re: 16th April..... The Tap

right, done. I'll be there to say hello. How do we recognise you? Will you be the guy in the red canoe

Witchery, depends which way you are coming but if I assume you're coming from Liverpool through the tunnel then its best to take the 'old' Kingsway tunnel that brings you out in Birkenhead. Follow the A41 towards Bromborough for a few miles, you'll eventually go past a McDonalds on your left just before some lights.

Keep going for another mile or so and you'll go past a few big warehouses and a shell garage on your left. There was an old Wirral Met College campus on your left that I think may have been closed now and then a Bathstore.com shop on the right. I think you go under a metal pedestrian walkway over the road if it hasnt been removed recently. Bear left here at the traffic lights to leave the main road. Theres a little pub on the left, turn left here and follow the road. You should see the river in front of you. At the end of the road you cant miss the Tap pub. Might well be other bikes heading there to.

If you hit the M53 junction with the A41 then you've come too far by about 1/4 mile. Just go around the roundabout and bear right to Eastham.
flymo is offline   Reply With Quote