View Single Post
Old 19-05-08, 06:02 PM   #9
Miss Alpinestarhero

Default Re: I need some thoughts - Help me .Org

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThEGr33k View Post
Id also like to be closer to my Friends and Family, you might think me sad for saying that... but thats how I feel.
Nope not at all. I understand how difficult it must be for you to try and think of a brand new career direction because the list of jobs is endless.

I guess a good way to start is to think of things you would like to do. What are you interested in? What area/field do you like? Or an easier way is to think of what you definately dont want to do.

Do you enjoy the job you do now? Forgive me if I sound stupid, but you mentioned that "you would look for a transfer but its not a good time to change jobs" - why? what exactly does a transfer involve? a new working location or a different sorta job?
How long have you wanted a career change? do you really want to do something different or have you hit a low point of "oh my job is crap, I hate it" (ive hit that too many times, lol)

If you enjoy/like what you do now then try and think of companies where you could use the skills you already have. There is something there for you, you just need to try and find it

You dont have to have a degree to have a good and well-paid job. Im more "qualified" in terms of academia than my friend who left school with only GCSE's yet she earns way more than me.

Good luck though, I hope it all works out for you

Maria