View Single Post
Old 20-05-08, 12:23 PM   #13
Baph

Default Re: NW Rideouts & accidents

Thanks for that Stewie. I'm with you though, as I reckon it's a great idea. I'm not saying it'll do anything other than split the group up, but it's an idea worth considering IMO.

For the record, I loved being TEC at NW3, as I got to see a whole string of bikes spread across the entire valley, on the few occasions we were all bunched up.

As a group, we have no idea if an individual is feeling the pressure despite everyone telling them to chill out. I know this has happened on other .Org rideouts, so I see no reason for NW to be an exception.

As for assumptions, I see it as offering more choice. If everyone turns up on the day & wants to ride as one group, regardless of pace, fine. The planning wouldn't be wasted because I know some would attend just for the extra feeling of choice.

If we were to assume someone was riding beyond their ability, then I would also suggest which group someone went in, and that is something I'm far from qualified to do.

However, I was expecting semi-rant posts to come in for this issue, hence why I took approx 4 hours to type the OP, and re-wrote it countless times before hitting post.

Last edited by Baph; 20-05-08 at 12:25 PM.