View Single Post
Old 08-06-08, 04:55 PM   #8
northwind
Mega Poster

Default Re: Cornering fastest, Which tyres?

Think the tyre of choice for the racers is the supercorsa pro? But they really don't last.

Aiki's right on the Diablo Rosso, it's not a supersticky tyre (that test was for soft road rather than road-legal race) but I reckon it'll be more than adequate for most, very few people will get the most out of really sticky rubber even on track never mind on the road- visibility and surfaces become a problem first. But only you know your riding of course. Personally I use Diablo Stradas on the road, I've never had a problem with their grip, but that might not suit everyone (I've used Supercorsas and Rennsports (track compound not the road version) on track, both fantastic tyres, but I wouldn't use them on the road as they offer grip and composure I don't need, at the cost of mileage which I do)

If you want really sticky rubber, race take-offs might be a good idea. The ebay used tyre market's gone nuts now but buying trackside is still a good way to do it. At least, it is at knockhill wander around the paddock with a few £20 notes and get your pick of the half-used rubber.
But we're oh so easily swayed"

Last edited by northwind; 08-06-08 at 05:13 PM.
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote