View Single Post
Old 04-07-08, 07:41 AM   #8
mattSV
Mega Poster

Default Re: Le Tour(Tour de France 2008)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzwheel View Post
Nah going up hill is where its at. Nothing I like better than the drama and tension and sheer grit of watching the mountain stages.

I used to love the tour when I was a kid, Robert Millar, Greg Lemmond beating Fignon by those 9 seconds I was on the edge of my seat at that time trial in 89 and then the flawed genius that was Marco Pantani. The domination of Indurain. I was never a huge Lance fan, I admire the guy but theres something about him that I dont like seen a different side of him after reading some books about him.

I lost touch with it all when C4 stopped showing the coverage. Last years was brilliant drugs, controversy, drama. Lets hope no drugs this year but lots of drama and maybe David Millar or Mark Cavendish can win another stage or two.
Ugly little fakker but christ could he ride up them cols. I used to have a poster of him on my bedroom wall - followed the Carrera team for a few years, always rated Pantani and Claudio Chiappucci. Big Mig was always the master though, seem to recall his resting pulse was 28bpm
2013 - 2016 Triumph Explorer 1200
2016 - Ducati Multistrada DVT S
mattSV is offline   Reply With Quote