View Single Post
Old 23-08-08, 10:02 PM   #15
svrich

Default Re: Scottoiler tip location?

All done!
A few swear words later ( I dropped a spacer in the engine/suspension and couldn't find it. That is until I had finished . Never mind) it is all in. It fits perfectly behind the panel under the seat and the pipework all flows perfectly from it. I routed the filler tube between the under seat storage tray and the rear bodywork. It then pops out by the locking catch and hooks over one of the metal hooks (helmet hooks?) next to it. The feed tube goes through the swingarm alongside the spring and along the underside. I stuck the backet on using araldite and positioned the dual feed between the 6/7 o'clock position on the rear sprocket. If you didn't know it was there you would have to look for it to see it. I need to run the engine to check the flow but I confident that it will do as it is intended.
Also, while the tank was up I cut the wires for the ignition retard, and turned the rear preload up one click to compensate for all those icecreams I've been eating over the summer holidays (I've only got a week left )