View Single Post
Old 11-10-08, 08:10 PM   #1
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Exclamation Bent Banana - The SV resurrection.

Well, most of you know about my crash [flashback] lid (1).jpg S3700013.jpg[/flashback] . Well I need to get pro active about restoring my bike to keep my mind settled really. The bike back flipped and did a fair bit of damage to:
  • The forks (bent and cracked) not opting for gixxer ones for insurance reasons. Going to get some replacement standards & do springs n' oil.
  • The front wheel
  • The exhaust downpipe sheered and I need to find a tig welder as I've been told my measly pigeon-**** mig welding is no good.
  • The radiator (already leaky and rusty and fixed with radweld) Is bent in the middle and will need repairing or replacing. BBadger helpfully recommended getting it repaired. Anyone know any good places in S yorkshire?
  • The grabrail crushed (probably breaking where it attatches to)
  • The rear plastics cracked
  • I would like a bellypan and rear hugger & maybe rear seat cowl
  • If the handlebars are ballsed I might have to replace them
  • Switchgears, levers, mirrors and brake reservoir have all twisted and look ****ed.
  • Additionally the bike was leaking oil from an engine bolt on the left side near the base of the front cylinder and also the cylinder heads so I think I could do with a gasket set. Also it was pretty noisy and so while the bikes off the road and cylinders are more accessible am I best checking valve clearances and cam chain tensions?
Thought this thread would make a nice diary (kick up the ****) and a good place to ask for any of the orgers never ending wisdom? I'm equipped with just a sv manual and a reasonably limited selection of tools (but I do have a useful mate). Will I be right in saying a few of you might lend some handy knowledge to me on my quest?