View Single Post
Old 18-11-08, 10:15 PM   #1
Zokambaa

Default Question about gen1 to gen2 transition

I am thinking of getting another SV650 as my 99 was written off in an accident... now I am wondering how much difference there is between 99 and the latest models...

I test drove a 2008 with ABS and the whole body kit... it's a good deal but when I was riding it, the thing felt gutless down low... my 99, while it didn't want to easily lift the tire the way I rode it, it had waaay more kick to it.. I would crack the throttle in the lower gears and it would launch forward... it always felt it had power, even though on the dyno at my altitude of 3500ft it only hit 65hp or so... I thought the new ones had more power...

I am going to test drive some more gen2 bikes but that one felt like someone put the sv650 engine in the bigger sv1000 frame and it felt like it had to be overly reved to gain any power... and with the stock tire and bridgestone front it felt like it wanted to stand up in the corners

So I have to ask anyone who has made the transition... did they find that the 99-2002 SV650s bikes to be way more flickable and more sling shot type than the 2004-2008 ones?
Zokambaa is offline   Reply With Quote