View Single Post
Old 20-11-08, 09:15 AM   #3
Mr Speirs
Mega Poster

Default Re: Bike Maintenance Courses

Fettle around with your bike.
This is what I did. Found the bike was just asking for me to take it apart and see how it works.

I knew nothing about mechanics (and still don't) but feel way more confident taking things apart.

Started off with things as simple as removing the hugger to clean it. Then removing the seat just to see what was there. I then decided to do the TRE mod which involved lifting up the tank and removing a few wires.

Just recently I have removed my front forks which involved removing the calipers, front wheel and speedo senser. I have ugraded the standard shock for a zx10r shock which was a wee bit more complicated than the front.

So I have slowly got into more technical fettling and in the grand scheme of things are still very simple but there is sooo much information and on hand advice from the likes of Yorkie Chris, Zadar, and more that is SV specific that I personally would just prefer to learn and teach myself.

Hth.
Smokey Black Burnty 02 - Racetech Smoulderlators + .90kg BBQ Springs, zx10r shockingly toasted, Conti Road Attacks heat up very nicely, R&G Crash Bungs but what f**king use are they, No Colour Matched Hugger, Flame Extenda, Beowulf Titainium Oval Flame Thrower.
Mr Speirs is offline   Reply With Quote