View Single Post
Old 19-12-08, 01:07 AM   #5
TSM
The Sick Man
Mega Poster

Default Re: Datatool System 4 Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffy View Post
Not sure what you're trying to achieve here. Unless you're one of the few who believes that alarms are the greatest theft deterrent, fitting it to your bike isn't worth diddly unless you have an official installation certificate. You won't get any insurance discount.

My advice if you want an alarm: By a cheap DIY (eg. solalarm), wire in a hidden keyswitch to the ignition circuit and get a hefty physical security chain.
Yeh, i know thats why the alarm cost me very little, i know i have traced all the wires i want and need, im just wandering what the other wire is.

I dont want it for insurance, its just for when its ouside my house in my front garden, when its at work or im at a freinds house, its a deterrent thats all, if they want my bike then they will have it whatever i do.

personaly i trust thoes cheep alarms way less than the datatool/acumen/meta etc, last thing i want is a relay to fail and cut the bike out when im mid corner, ofcourse it could happen with all the other makes but its never happened to me and my 3xDatatools, and i dont entertain the idea that every eletrical problem on a bike is related to a Datatool alarm or XYZ alarm, its far and few between and usualy you can trace it back to bad wiring or week battery.
GONE: SV650S K2 Very Bruised & Without Fairing, Motovation Frame Sliders, R&G Ally Sprocket Toe Protector, HEL 2 Line Setup, GSXR K1 600 RWU Forks, Barnett Clutch & Springs, Penske 8981 Shock, Gilles Ti Rearsets, Steel Barends, Scottoiler, AFAM Chain & Sprockets, Twin FIAMM Horns, Skidmarx Bellypan, Full Micron Zeta Steel System, Cut down undertay.

Forum Problems & Information / Site Suggestions
TSM is offline   Reply With Quote