View Single Post
Old 13-02-09, 12:53 PM   #4
Mej
Mega Poster

Default Re: California Superbike School????

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettin2dizzy View Post
I went and thoroughly enjoyed it. All of the techniques are widely available to read on the internet, but the school provides the perfect scenario to try it all. For instance driving around the circuit in one gear, no brakes, just getting in to the rhythm. Something I'd be uneasy to do on a track day.

If you ride your bike (I would) then your insurance won't cover you unfortunately. But people coming off seems pretty rare, so just be careful!

Book it early as the summer dates disappear quickly, and don't try to ride a long distance there on the day. I got a hotel room next door for £19.

Drop me a PM or message on here if you have more questions about it [IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/ADMINI%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.gif[/IMG]
Cheers, yeah after reading the info they gave me I am think I think i would prefer to ride my bike anyway as its obviously the one I will be riding all the time.

Just crossed my mind about crashing that was all, surely loads of people go there and do it without insurance so it must be alright.

I’m going to try and book it at the end of the month, it’s pretty pricey though, do you have to pay all at once?

Which track did you do, as I’m I think I’m going to try go up to Silverstone which is about 2.5hrs from me as apparently you can do more stuff in the paddock area compared to Brands. I do think it would be good to do the Track evening at Brands though, so might try and get up there for my level 2 and do that at the same time.

I will probably stay over in a Travelodge for £30.

Cheers

Mej is offline   Reply With Quote