View Single Post
Old 21-02-09, 10:31 PM   #4
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Default Re: Help lowering an 04 SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by [JP] View Post
when you say the ride feels different, how do you mean? better or worst?
Worse, feels lower at the back even with the front forks dropped and the steering feels slower.

Also its not as stable on the side stand as a standard bike is as the bike sits more upright and its more prone to rolling off the stand.

Quote:
maybe if I drop 25mm on the back, I should drop 25mm on the front? so it matchs? errm.... not sure if it would work like that..
Umh... I was always told never to go more than 10mm or so with lowering the front. But like you I'd want to keep the front and rear ride height the same. Otherwise its going to feel like a tractor.

Quote:
Do you know how much suzuki charged your OH just for the dog bones?
I've got no idea, I dont think it was to expensive though. Shes not here at the moment to ask sorry...

If you other half isnt struggling to get her feet down, then personally I'd leave it alone and let her build her confidence up. Or get the seat cut. Liz has said several times now she would like to put the SV back to standard by refitting the standard length dogbones.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote