View Single Post
Old 06-04-09, 10:53 AM   #1
Mel

Question Anyone with some cat Knowledge?

Hey guys,

Although getting an answer from a vet would be more logical - the local one charges for an appointment let alone medication/checks etc and until i get myself another job i cannot afford this yet.

Around Late july/early august my mum brought back a kitten for me that had been rescued from some crazy woman that was in the process of it being drowned..

Mylo's always had a screw loose and doesnt usually like attention unless he is ready for it. I started letting him out as he got older because everytime i came home from work my room would be trashed and glass smashed - attempts to kill my fish etc.

I havn't actually seen this myself, but i had a message from my mum with some weird behaviour - he or now she has been hissing at our other 2 male cats when they go to smell her behind also things like being
- overly friendly seeking attention off us which is completly different
- off her food
- being followed by our other 2 cats.

Sometimes people can tell straight away if cats are male or female, but mylo's always been a short and fluffy little thing. My mum and i just believed what we where told when mum brought him home to me..

Been reading on the internet and these are signs that Mylo could now infact be female - But we are still not sure if this is true, as you can see in this photo ...with all this fluff- its hard to look for any gender signs. and Mylo doesnt particually like it when we try to look..Natrually!

Felix and Jingles (our other cats) are twice the size of mylo and im pretty certain mylo isnt going to get any bigger..

So my question is basically if anyone knows for certain with out taking mylo to the vets if he/she is a boy or girl!?

And then of course if mylo was to become pregnant - can i sell them even if i dont know what specific type of breed they are?

And what the helll do i call him or her now? Shimmy?

This was when i first got mylo..

And is now not much bigger than this photo..

Thanks
Mel