View Single Post
Old 09-04-09, 09:51 PM   #11
Binky
Emily Howard rides an SV
Mega Poster

Default Re: Tuesday 7th April 2009 - Oulton Park (Full Circuit) - Novice Session

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feldspar View Post
Blah
I went with No Limits. They were very good. Everything went like clockwork, well organised and a lean operation.

Regarding tuition, you have to hunt for it a little as there are only six or so instructors and around 80 -100 ish riders, although many of the Fast group will ask for tuition really. Anyway after the guy followed me and i followed him for a bit he gave me a "de-brief". I learnt a little from him and it was very useful. Highly recomended, so try and get your moneys worth.

Good tracks i'd say would be Mallory Park due to it being quite short so easrier to learn and Silverstone National. Also Rockingham National was good as the faster bikes didn't monster me on the straight s it's quite short. I was in inters and had no problems.

Track days are brilliant to help you learn more and realise the capabilities of your bike in a safe (compared to the road) environment.

With cost, it changes a lot depending on the track and the time of year. From as little as £49 for a crap track in the middle of winter to £219 for a corker in the peak of summer...