View Single Post
Old 17-05-09, 09:40 AM   #68
mattSV
Mega Poster

Default Re: AR Marking Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzwheel View Post

This happened as far as I can tell during AR08 I am reasonably confident that Mattsv marked a junction and stayed there till a marker with a bib on caught up to the front and marked the junction instead allowing him to move on again.
I think this was after we left Dorchester, opportunities for the markers to work their way back up were a bit limited due to the narrow roads, and eventually I found myself behind your Dad - we got to a T Junction, and there were no markers available so I stopped to mark it. I actually stayed and marked until quite a few 'official' markers had gone past - thought it better to give them a chance to work back up the front. It also gave me an opportunity to take a few pics of people approaching/leaving the junction

I had no issues with the choice of markers - whils Fizz would not actually have been responsible had anyone been lost/injured etc on the ride, I know that he would have been gutted if anything had happened. As organiser, he needed a team of people he could trust, without causing issues for anyone else on the road.

I would have been very happy to have been an 'official' marker, not because I wanted to 'feel special' to to have 'the right to blat through the pack' (although that is a buzz) - more because I would have felt that I had been able to help and contribute something to the day.
2013 - 2016 Triumph Explorer 1200
2016 - Ducati Multistrada DVT S
mattSV is offline   Reply With Quote