View Single Post
Old 18-05-09, 03:43 PM   #1
Bear

Default Fire Building Club

Following on from the delectable Messies wonderful work on organising the AR venue, and even possibly sorting out us having a fire, there is some prep that needs doing before hand.

AFAIK (and this will need confirming) the venue have insisted that in order to have a fire we need to remove the turf where we are having the fire, ensure the fire is contained, and replace the turf afterwards (IE the venue must look as pristine afterwards as it did before we got there!)

Now, I have no experience whatsoever at turfing. I've been told I'm a sod before, and I'm sure that's somehow connected, but I don't think it entirely qualifies me. Has anyone got the know how to guide me and a team of like minded (IE Half-witted) labourers*, and can I have some volunteers to do some of the work? I'm thinking if we go down there the weekend before the AR, remove the turf and fetch firewood then that's most of the hard work done and we can concentrate on getting drunk and letting me have sex at, on, or in all of you lovely people.

(edit)*Please only vote yes to lead if you have experience. The last thing I want is for us to hideously mess up their lawn because we thought "How hard could it be?"...

Last edited by Bear; 18-05-09 at 03:47 PM.