View Single Post
Old 03-09-09, 12:10 PM   #108
gruntygiggles
DaffyGingerBint
Mega Poster

Default Re: AR10 Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith_d View Post
AR09 was my first one, and I enjoyed the massive group ride. The pace was good for newbies like me, so I can see how some of the more experienced riders might have found it a bit slow. But with such a big group it's the only workable option.

If people want a faster ride I'd suggest planning an optional ride for the Sunday. My thoughts are:

a) Use as much as possible of the Saturday route, but in the opposite direction
b) Groups of 6-8 riders set out at 10 minute intervals
c) Each group can request one of the markers to lead them or just follow the map

This limits the amount of route planning but should still be interesting. What was a twisting ascent on Saturday would become a tricky descent on Sunday. It would also allow the markers to get a days riding if they fancy it.

Just my (newbie) thoughts,

Keith
I've mentioned a Sunday rideout myself as well, but I don't think a Sunday ride out should be organised with markers etc. That's what the Saturday is for......the Sunday, if it were to happen should, IMO be an opportunity for people to ride however they wish, follow the route at their own pace and look after themselves. Hovis could easily have maps done for people.....but as it would be his to organise.......lets see what he thinks!