View Single Post
Old 30-12-09, 03:16 PM   #5
Sid Squid
No, I don't lend tools.
Mega Poster

Default Re: Queens Speech Boring ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzwheel View Post
I had to say it was boring, she didnt even sound like she was interested in what she was reading / saying and IMHO it had more than likely been written for her.
The Queen's Speech is always written by the Ministers Of The Crown, ie the upper ranks of government, by which you can deduce that on this occasion it's penned by the relentlessly spinning advisers to our 'PM'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzwheel View Post
If you are going to speak to the nation, put some passion into what you are saying.
She's not 'speaking to the nation', she's repeating the risible babbling of a dying administration. The purpose of the speech is to set out the government's plans for the next year, and I'm sure she realises as much as the rest of us how pointless that is as they'll be out as soon as an election can be arranged.

Don't blame Liz for it, and don't blame her for sounding less than enthused either, this government have politicised the speech in a way not before seen, and by doing so attempted to turn the monarch into a New Labour mouthpiece, add to that I sincerely doubt she believes a word of it - any more then we do.
If an SV650 has a flat tyre in the forest and no-one is there to blow it up, how long will it be 'til someone posts that the reg/rec is duff and the world will end unless a CBR unit is fitted? A little bit of knowledge = a dangerous thing.

"a deathless anthem of nuclear-strength romantic angst"
Sid Squid is offline   Reply With Quote