Thread: Test Ride
View Single Post
Old 28-02-10, 12:40 AM   #7
rictus01
Mega Poster

Default Re: Test Ride

I had a 1250 for 7 weeks (loan bike), the styling was neither good or bad to be honest, engine was quietly a bit of a gem, but every bump I knew it could be handled better. I just couldn't forgive that, likewise when I was looking around for a middle weight bike they all come with a basic setup, so ended up with the triumph SPEED 4 as it has decent suspension factory fitted.

I've never done finance on a bike, I just don't like riding what I consider someone else's bike, but that's just me, I'd rather ride a old nail knowing it was totally mine than something a bit more flash, of course that's easy for me to say now as I have a few wonderful bikes currently, but a history of machines going back 35 years shows so really cheap battered bikes in the line up, I think although we'd all love the latest and best, enjoying the ride is what counts and you need really very little to do that.

Cheers Mark.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!

Last edited by rictus01; 28-02-10 at 12:48 AM.
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote