View Single Post
Old 15-07-10, 03:43 PM   #34
G
Mega Poster

Default Re: I.C.E (incase of emergency)

I don't carry an ICE number. Infact I don't carry much. The only item I really carry is my photocard driving license in my pocket so that I can be identified.

I don't have anything else special medically that needs to be notified so I don't see the point.

The police will contact my next of kin where and when necessary dependent on the situation. I would not particularly want them contacted over the phone by someone other than the police, it's what the police are trained for afterall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thulfi View Post
RH is right. Airway is first and foremost. Not removing the helmet protects the neck from further injury, but if you know someone is not breathing then you really need to be giving them air, otherwise they will die much sooner.

That said, mouth to mouth is not always a must if the person is uncomfortable doing it/worried about disease transmission,etc - chest compressions alone may be enough until the parameds get there.
The Red Cross/StJohn advanced first aid and refreshers courses now actually tell you NOT to give mouth to mouth. A few of our first aiders came back puzzled after their refresher course, but apparently its right.