View Single Post
Old 31-07-10, 11:17 PM   #52
gruntygiggles
DaffyGingerBint
Mega Poster

Default Re: Doing the rideout?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hongman View Post
Im sure peeps would stop to help, but then that would/could possibly lead to a group breaking off as they are trying to fix/diagnose.

For those who know me a bit already, Im not worrying about it - just curious as to if there is an official "plan" to handle something like this
Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzwheel View Post
No there isnt normally. It would be down to you to ensure that

1. Your bike is in a fit state to complete the journey to the AR the rideout and the journey home.

2. You have some way of getting home i.e. recovery or breakdown etc etc

I'm confident that you would get all the help and asisstance to get you going and mobile again. Such is the way of the org nobody would leave you stranded, but there are somethings that you cant just fix at the side of the road. But IMHO the rideout wouldnt stop completely just because one person had had a breakdown. Yes one or two people would stop and you'd defo get help, but it'd be down to you at the end of the day.

As said in another thread, its not the job of the TEC or markers to carry tools, spares etc etc to get you going again if you have a breakdown. So you need to be prepared and self sufficent.

IMHO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hongman View Post
I completely agree!

But that answers my question

Just to clarify the above and add a little. Yes, you will have a marker or the T.E.C. stop and help you should you break down or have any issues...BUT...you need to remember the following:-

You have to wave down a marker or the TEC if you pull over in a layby or car park somewhere as with so many bikes, we'll have no idea of knowing if you are with our group or not.

You have to ensure that not only is your bike fit to do the miles and that you're taxed, insured and MOT'd...but also that you have a breakdown cover that will get you home if you need it.

Now....about stopping...the rideout won't be stopped because someone has broken down, but that person won't just be left alone...we wouldn't do that to any of you