View Single Post
Old 16-08-10, 02:27 PM   #42
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

Default Re: A PM bid for AR11

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyBrad View Post
first camsite seems nice but if its been used before i would think we should find an alternate?
You need to have read of the main thread in Idle banter as the org has been discussing things over the weekend as a collective Andy.

It was a lonnnnnnng time ago, and unfortunately was plagued by rain.

There ain't any sites I've looked at so far, within the area, that can fit all of our org needs under one roof, and have the option of seperate B&Bs in the village further down the road for those needing them.
If you look at the Border Patrol option for instance, they are looking to go back to the site from AR06. This one is the only solid rival proposal so far.

If you look at the Idle banter thread, there has been some suggestion that seeing as though we have a few tried and tested sites under our collective belt, that perhaps rotating through these would be a viable thought, which is why I have gone for this one....if only to try again and get better weather for a start! Back then there was only around 40 attendees.

I have also now got Smudgepants entertainment services on board, and we are looking at sewing in entertainment in the evenings, as he has good contacts. This will be a first for an AR, it may be a good idea, it also may not.
All these things will be dealt with in time, also be put to the site owners on Wednesday. In the meantime, if my proposal isn't viable, MrPreston is looking at alternatives over his side of the border. The batman phone line has been red hot!
He also has other types of rather good contacts for a variety of options. All will be discussed within the next couple of weeks over copious amounts of tea, biscuits and cake

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12

Last edited by dizzyblonde; 16-08-10 at 02:31 PM.
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote