Old 16-08-10, 03:01 PM   #46
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

Default Re: A PM bid for AR11

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkie_chris View Post
I don't see fuss. There's no such thing as a "dangerous road"

Hartside, passes, struggle etc. all people on ride have got license, they are allowed to and hopefully capable of riding every road in this fair land.

There is no such thing as a dangerous road, just dangerous riders!

This years AR even took in some roads with such things as sheep (omg!), bits of gravel (omg!) and hairpin bends (omg!!eleven!!!) and nobody died!

But when organising an event with such a large number of riders, you have to think out of the box rather than just your personal one. You have to cater for everyone.
I'm not disagreeing with you, because what you say is perfectly valid, I ride any road, I'll whinge about it after if I didn't like it as you know, but I'm slightly more experienced than some that may turn up on an AR, who would crash in a ditch on the same road.
ARs have a good safetly record, and I'd prefer to keep it that way, than expecting everyone to hoon around at the pace of someones personal preferences. AR rides are too big in number to do this anyway, which is why everyone in the org goes to local ones with smaller numbers to do that. The reason why this years rideout was successful(ye I know I wasn't there) is because there were people that were willing to go out, recce roads that suited everyone, and keep going out until it did.

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote