View Single Post
Old 22-08-10, 07:54 PM   #45
Kalessin

Default Re: Speed Cameras - switch off date vs prosecution chase end date ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkie_chris View Post
So are you agreeing with me or arenalife?

Either way, the one driving like a tit is going to run over a child, and the one driving sensibly is going to stop in time. (neither being caught by a speed camera).

Or you could say, if the cars are going past at 45, then the kids will watch the road, as a car whooshing past at a rate of knots looks scarier than one at tickover.
Neither really

I would be inclined to educate the children before posting a 20 limit. I would also like to enforce double yellows for about 50 yards either side of the school gates -- on both sides of the road.

The problem with educating children is that they get distracted so easily -- seeing their friends, a ball, a parent -- and everything they ever learned about everything disappears!

Unfortunately, the same is true of many motorists. Once they pass their test, it's the start of a downhill slide in driving standards. These people need to be slowed right down before they have a chance of stopping in an emergency, and there's no way of slowing them down without doing it to everybody.